The Fountain of Youth

The daily happenings of a woman, her husband, and their youth group.

Friday, August 04, 2006


I'M BACK!! Yes, the rumors are true, Lee Ann, we are finally home! We actually got home almost a week ago, but we have been so insanely busy that this is the first time I have actually gotten time to sit down for more than 5 minutes at a time and post an update. For anyone who does not know what has been going on, Phillip and I have been gone for the past two weeks straight. For the first Monday-Thursday, we were at Crosspoint, a sports camp for our children. I got to lead one of my special little girls to Christ! Very Awesome! We came home early from it on Thursday night to wash clothes and repack, and left on Friday morning at 6:00 a.m. for Ohio with a youth to put on a sports camp for a church there. It was alot of fun, and we made alot of memories, including Phillip riverdancing, getting lost(right outside of Cincinatti!) and the vandilizing of our van. But I have to admit, we are so excited to be at home!
Phillip and I were talking about it, and we are ready to start our "normal" life. Since we have been married, our life has been turned so upside down, inside out, that we honestly haven't had a "normal" life at all! We both really feel like it's about to begin. I can't help but believe in my spirit that God allowed us to go through these tumultuous times together to teach us SO many different lessons. I am so grateful that we have a God who desires to grow us, who desires to stretch us and mold us into the image of Him. It's overwhelming.
Well, now that we have began to settle into our normal lives, here are a few updates: First of all, (tear) I may not be able to start school back this semester. Not because of my desires or anything that I did wrong, but simply because AUM sent me a crucial letter that I NEVER RECIEVED, and now they have pretty much told me that I will not be able to get a financial aid package together in time to start classes, so I can either pay school expenses out of my own pocket or wait until next semester. Hmmm...that's a hard one. Do I REALLY have a choice?! I was very very very very BEYOND upset about this the day that I finally found out about it, I'm talking tears all day long, wailing and gnashing of teeth upset (luckily Phillip was home to comfort me), because it was not supposed to work out this way! I have worked on my degree for 3 years, and this was supposed to be my fourth and last year, you know? What if I never finish? What if this throws off my whole life plan, what if we get pregnant and I can't finish school (it would be a complete accident, but you never know) what if a great opportunity comes up and I never want to go back??
I was yelling all of this at Phillip, when he says, in his quiet and gentle way "Don't we serve a God who has a plan for us? Wasn't it his desire for us to come here? Didn't you do everything in your power to ensure that you got in? Then just TRUST, Rose. Leave it up to Him. Follow his path, without regrets for what might have been. You know that you're committed to finishing school, no matter what. Just trust HIM". Wise words from a wise man. And I got to thinking, I have had so many plans in the past, so many things that should have worked, but didn't, and I still came to this place, this beautiful place that I am at, right in the center of God's will, more happy and content than I have ever been. And I thought, if MY plans had worked out, where would I be? Certainly not here. Certainly not in this place. And then it occured to me, I don't WANT my plans to work out anymore. I mess me up! My plans fail, my directions and desires end up taking me a place that I truly do not desire to be.
But HIS plans, even when I can't see or understand them, always seem to work out. There is a profound truth in that, a truth that I have missed so many times before, that I have just skimmed the surface of. But now I desire to dive into it, to let that truth envelop me, to truly live in it. I DON'T WANT WHAT I WANT, I just want HIM. And when I keep that in my mind, in my soul, THAT's when things happen. That's when I am content. What do I know about me, about the future? He created me, "knit me together in my mother's womb". All of the days of my life were numbered before I came into existance. There is such a peace in resting in that truth.
And that is where I find myself today. Just trusting, just praising. There are alot of other things that have happened, but I will post about them in a day or two. Phillip is taking me to Montgomery tonight for the weekend. We are gonna shop, eat out, STAY IN A HOTEL (those of you who know Phillip know that this is a big thing, because he does not like hotels!) and just enjoy being alone and away together. We need it! I will let you guys know how everything turns out. Until then, God Bless.

16 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed your blog so much! I'm sorry about the school thing, I know it's disappointing. But I'm glad you remembered that God is in control. I know it's hard sometimes, trust me! I definitely didn't plan on being pregnant right now, especially with no insurance, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. And I know that God is going to take care of us. After all we've been through financially since we got married, this seems like a breeze! It will all work out in the end. Have fun on your weekend getaway! Love ya girl!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

OH MY GOSH! Who is this person? Is it really Rosie? ;) Just teasing, girl. I'm so glad you're back, and I so enjoyed reading your blog! Glad you and Phillip had so much fun on your trips...except the vandalized van part???...and I'm glad you're taking a weekend away with eachother. I always like doing that. I can't wait to see you guys next week! I love you!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Lou Arnold said...

Glad to see you are back. Trust God. He has a plan for you. I always believe there is a reason for everything. I am sure you sitting out a semester of school has its purpose. Maybe you are suppose to do something magnificent for your church.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hey Rosie! So good to 'see' you again! I felt like you described the first several years of our marriage.. like it was so hectic and crazy... but still a great marriage and family we had! I remember, after clayton had been a trooper for about a year, him coming in from a night shift at 6am (when he should've been home at 2am.. but a log truck overturned.. great..) and saying to him, "It sort of freaks me out to know that THIS is our normal.." lol You and Phillip might have a similar 'weird' normal way of life too, but it's kinda neat to be different than everyone else you know! :) And you're so right.. we suck at planning life! lol God has all of the answers, even if we hate them at first!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

I like Phillip's Dr. Pepper shirt. Cool. ;)

2:20 PM  
Blogger McDreamy said...

y'all may possibly be the cutest couple ever! i love seeing y'all and getting to keep up with you! i love you, girl.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Tammie S. said...

Awesome post! Great to hear from you again. Miss you guys!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jerry James said...

It is great to see how you and Phillip are pressing in and growing in wisdom. Keep leaning and let Jesus be your strength. I pray that God would give you an increase of wisdom and revalation in the knowledge of His son Jesus as He directs your paths.
Blessings!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Lou Arnold said...

Congrats on your job! I hope that you like it.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The van was vandalized?!?...how come I know nothing about this? Do you not talk to your big sis anymore?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

NO, she doesn't! Get on to her!!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Oh...haha. I was think that Suzanne Parker commented, but it was Suzanne Ford! Got it. So, she doesn't talk to EITHER big sister! Oh, the horror!!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

The van was vandalized by OUR kids! It was completely filled with baloons, so much that you couldn't even get inside! The outside was painted with car paint, vaseline under the door handles, the works! AND...they had a spare key made to get inside! We are working with little genius crooks! :)
ANd the phone lines work BOTH ways, sisters! Love you!

5:56 AM  
Blogger p said...

great post beautiful!
don't mention too many vandalism stories or your mom will make you move back to warren for safety reasons!
i'm glad you like my shirt Lee!
thanks for the prayers mr. jerry!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyy rose ann not all of us share the luxury of your wife/husband being there. My wife lives in ohio and i am saddenededed by this b/c i am a fun loving guy and God doesnt want me to live 13 hours away but i deal with it......yeah this is pretty much the most boring comment ive ever left anyone so you should feel special. Well i guess i will let yousa goes live your happie lif.
luve kla,
pee. ess. whin iz inefugo... i just butchered that word but i dont care

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]thefountainofyouthblog.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Do you pay attention towards your health?. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Research indicates that closely 50% of all USA adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home