The Fountain of Youth

The daily happenings of a woman, her husband, and their youth group.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hey Everyone! For those of you who are visually stimulated, I am very sorry that there is no picture with today's post. I am at work, therefore I have no pictures on my computer here. Alas, next time I promise you photos of Phillip and I frollicking through a field of sunflowers, holding hands and smiling to beat the band. Okay, maybe not exactly that, but I will try to have a fun picture picked out. Anyway, for those of you who I don't talk to on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis, you heard me correctly. I am at WORK. If you read my previous post, you know that the school thing didn't exactly work out for me this semester, and that's ok. I was really upset at first, but it's just one of those things that you have to give over to God, you know? Anyway, one morning a couple of weeks ago, one of our church members called me and asked if I would be interested in a part-time position working as a receptionist for him. Long story short, I started work yesterday, and I really like it, or at least I think I am gonna like it.
It is one of those jobs that there is alot of people and extensions and things like that to learn, and that is stressful, but I can tell when I get that down it will be good. It is a sometimes fast, sometimes slow-paced job. When the phone rings, it seems like all eight lines light up at once. But then again, there will be a whole hour where no one at all will call, like this one, and I will be free to (as my boss, Mr. John Clyde, or as Lee Ann liikes to call him Jean' Cla'ude says) "surf the net, read a book, call your husband, to whatever you like. DOn't feel like you have to "look busy". Could I ask for a better boss? He and his family are great CHristians, too, Phillip and I really think alot of them. Anyway, I work everyday from 8-1 have my "lunch hour" from 1-2 ( aka I get paid for the hour) and I am done for the day. It works out really well. My amazing hubby is staying at the church during his lunch hour so that I can have to car and go home after work. What a sweetheart! Man, I have a great man! He always puts my needs and wants before his own. What more could a girl ask for?
Anyway, from now on I will probobly be posting more frequently, since I have more down time at the office. I'm sure you are all rejoicing! :) Well, I'm sure the phone will be lighting up again soon, so I will post ya later!

10 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Congrats on the job. Sounds like a good opportunity Plus, it will probably be a great way to get to know more people in town. That's how my job at the daycare turned out. Thanks for the reassurance, by the way. I know that everything is going to work out. I just have to remember that the next time I have a semi-panic attack!

6:59 AM  
Blogger p said...

You have a job!? Just kidding. I hope you enjoy work today! I'm glad you're blogging in AL so I can keep up with you. Oh wait, I moved to Alabama with you! Never mind.

7:27 AM  
Blogger McDreamy said...

i miss y'all's sense of humor. your too much! i just read judo's comment right before reading phillip's here. i love y'all.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

OH MY GOODNESS. I have just read the first sentence of your blog, and I just had to stop and comment before I went any further. You're BLOGGING at WORK?!?! :) (Just picking!) Okay. I'll finish reading now.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Okay. I guess since Mr. VanDam...er...John Clyde told you that it was okay. Glad you're liking the job! The "lunch hour" thing is confusing me. Do you stay at work for your lunch at 1, or do you leave for lunch at 1 and just don't come back? Cause if that is the case, I just don't like you.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

I wanna know where da gold at! :)

6:01 PM  
Blogger Rosie said...

Lee, did you show that video to Matt and Suzanne yet?

2:45 AM  
Blogger Mark W. said...

Visually stimulated? That's getting a bit personal isn't it? Anyway, thanks for making it over to my blog recently. I'm truly glad you and Phillip are back on the blogging wagon. I look forward to reading each of your blogs...sweet home Alabama style.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Congrats on the job, Rosie! Sounds like it will be great for you. :) A job with downtime rocks! So.. you better be blogging away now that you've got all of this free time... no excuses missy ;)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

rosie! hi! i miss you! thanks for dropping me a line! i loved hearing from you! and i enjoyed browsing your blog! :)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home